Citronella Essential Oil, Therapeutic, Pure & Natural, Insect & Mosquito Repellent, Antiseptic, Mood Up lifter 10ml
- AROMA & PROPERTIES: A hard grass, initially grown in Sri Lanka and come into vogue, known as Andropogon Nardus, has a slightly sweet and lemony aroma. It has antidepressants, Antiseptic, Deodorant, Insecticide, parasiticide, Tonic, and stimulants. It is a popular ingredient in wax candles & diffusers as a mosquito repellent.
- INSECT & MOSQUITOES REPELLENT: It is one of the most widely used organic mosquito & insect repellents. It produces odors of carbon dioxide and lactic acid that mosquitoes detect. The mosquito-repelling properties of this plant ensure that the mosquitoes are irritated with the smell of the oil and do not come near us. Recommended to be used on clothes to repel insects.
- Home: Best used in Diffusers & Sprays to keep little pests away. Also valuable for riding fleas away from cats and dogs. A drop of cotton wool in linen drawers keeps clothes fresh and deters moths & insects. Its antiseptic properties help keep germs away in sick rooms when used in a diffuser.
- MIND: Has a clearing and uplifting effect on the mind, which could help ease depression. The abundance of adaptogen and sedative properties in this essential oil improves the mood and is also soothing and relieves stress. It holds high significance in providing mental stability by regulating the stress hormone, i.e., serotonin, which reduces various symptoms of anxiety, including restlessness, uneasiness, etc., and bestows a fresh and happy feeling.
- BODY: It may act as a general tonic to the body, balancing the heart and nervous system. So, it may be helpful at the end of illness to restore tone and spirit and keep germs at bay; its deodorant and stimulating qualities could refresh sweaty and tired feet, activating the whole system. Reputedly helpful for rheumatic aches and pains.
A tall, aromatic perennial grass derived from the wild-growing mana grass found in Sri Lanka is now extensively cultivated on the southernmost tip. Important essential oil is also produced on a large scale from the Java or Maha Pengiri citronella. This variety is cultivated in the tropics worldwide, especially in java, Vietnam, Africa, Argentina, and Central America. There are many other related species of scented grass.
Citronella leaves are used for their aromatic and medicinal value in many cultures for fever, intestinal parasites digestive and menstrual problems as a stimulant and an insect repellent. It is used in Chinese traditional medicine for rheumatic pain.
A yellowy brown, mobile liquid with a fresh, powerful, lemony scent. The Java oil is colorless to pale yellow with a fresh, woody sweet fragrance; It is considered of superior quality in perfumery work. It blends with geranium, lemon, bergamot, orange cedarwood, and pine.
Extensively used in soaps, detergents, household goods, and industrial perfumes. Employed in insect repellent formulations against moths, ants, fleas, etc., for use in the home and the garden. The Sri Lanka oil is used in most major food categories, including alcoholic and soft drinks. The Java oil is used as the starting material for the isolation of natural geraniol and citronellal.
Our Citronella Essential Oil is 100% Pure, Organic, Therapeutic & Steam Distilled; It can be used in diffusers and inhaled directly with 4-5 drops in handkerchiefs for freshness and relaxation.