How to prevent hair fall and hair thinning?
Hair loss is a common experience for more or less all of us. There can be many factors responsible for hair loss. Some can be genetic where as other can be related to health issues. Whatever is the reason, hair fall or hair thinning are the two sides of the same coin.
Understanding the basic process of hair fall and hair thinning
Hair is composed of keratin protein; each hair grows from a hair follicle. Hair loss in medical terms indicates reduction in the number of hair attached to the scalp. However naturally, in an average, a person loses 50 to 100 hair strands per day.
How to identify whether a hair is in its natural shedding process?
If you take a look at your hairbrush the hair strands should be approximately the length of your hair and carry a tiny white bulb at the end, which indicates that the hair was at its natural shedding process. But if the hair starts coming out in clumps or throughout the day every time you run your fingers through then there is a cause for concern as this could significantly impact the hair density.
Hair growth involves three stages of development. Each strand of hair on the human body has its own stage of development. Once the cycle is complete, it restarts and a new strand of the hair begins to form.
Find out the three stages of Hair Growth Cycle,
- Anagen: -It is the period of active growth, which lasts for 2 to 4 years. During this phase, a hair bulb forms at the bottom of the hair follicle and matures to a full-length strand that grows outwards past the scalp barrier.
- Catagen: - It comes after anagen and before telogen. It is the period of change in structure and texture of the hair strand when matured.
- Telogen: - It is the resting stage before resumption of growth which last for 2 to 4 months. It is also considered as the shedding stage of the hair strand.
In case of men and women hair loss can be of different forms. While women mostly notice hair loss in terms of volume that results in thinning, men are majorly affected by baldness.
What are the daily habits that can prevent hair fall?
Apart from using right hair care products available in the market, a healthy lifestyle and daily hair care habits can also help in preventing hair fall.
- Brushing hair regularly helps in blood circulation on scalp, enhancing healthy growth of hair from root.
- Regular hair oiling and scalp massage helps in blood circulation and prevents hair fall, premature graying and strengthens hair follicles.
- A maintained hair spa and conditioning keeps hair frizz free and prevents breakage.
- A healthy diet is essential for healthy hair. Fruits and Vegetables rich in Vitamin E and B helps in hair strengthening.
Natural ways to treat Hair Loss
Natural treatment works wonders. They are quick and easy and readily available at home. If your hair loss is in the initial stage then these remedies can work efficiently to arrest hair fall & improve hair health.
- Take 3 to 4 drops of lavender essential oil and mix with any base/carrier oil like olive or coconut oil and gently massage the roots. Lavender oil improves scalp health because it has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. It also increases blood circulation in the scalp by reducing any type of infection.
- Take few drops of rosemary oil and mix well with coconut oil. Rose merry oil helps in improving cellular regeneration which prevents baldness and treats dandruff and dry scalp. It also improves hair thickness.
- Jojoba oil when mixed with almond or coconut oil acts as a hair conditioner by protecting against dryness and breakage. It also strengthens hair. Jojoba is rich in vitamin C, B vitamins, vitamin E, copper, and zinc that nourishes hair & stops hair fall.
- Using 8 to 10 drops of lemongrass oil along with any carrier oil like almond, coconut or olive oil also works wonders. Lemongrass oil strengthens hair follicles and treats dandruff effectively. It also helps in preventing itchy and irritated scalp.
However, if these home remedies do not seem to work within few weeks even after following them religiously or if it is hard for you to get the time to follow them daily, it is best to opt for a professional hair fall control treatment.
Hair fall Control Treatment that works...
Alopex Long N Strong by Keya Seth Aromatherapy is a regular hair care product that nourishes hair follicles and keeps hair and scalp healthy. If you are experiencing hair fall only recently this oil can be helpful. It contains essential oils of Ylang Ylang, Marjoram, Neroli, Clary Sage and Jojoba along with Natural Conditioners that not only arrests excess hair fall but also makes the hair long & strong with regular use.
In case of severe hair loss and hair thinning, it is better to refer to clinically tested hair treatment. Alopex Penta by Keya Seth Aromatherapy, is blended with the power of five essential hair nutrients namely Biotin, Cystine, Tannic acid, Methionine and Arginine along with the blend of essential oils of Basil, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Rosemary & Lavender, which helps boost hair growth and provides healthy scalp.
Alopex Penta is a Clinically Proven Hair Fall treatment & this non-sticky, non-greasy root strengthening hair fluid is ideal for daily use even if you do not have much time in hand. Alopex Penta also promotes fresh hair growth & improves hair health.
Why Your Child Shou...
Specially designed for School-going Kids and above, Keya Seth Aromatherapy presents Schoolers Sunscreen. Keep in mind Kids’ sensitive & delicat...Read More
How to Style Your L...
Hairstyles can surely boost your personality when done right... and dying your hair is one of those easiest ways! Moreover, Burgundy is one of the ...Read More
Stop the Spread of ...
It’s been over 2 years that the entire humanity is fighting the outbreak of the menacing Coronavirus. Over the last 2 years, the virus has mutated ...Read More