AROMA & PROPERTIES: One of the most popular essential oils in Aromatherapy and has been used in healing since time immemorial. It is non-toxic and has a floral, light, and transparent woody undertones aroma; it has Antiphlogistic, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Decongestant, Deodorant, and Sedative properties. The lavender essential oil balances and normalizes, bringing health and harmony to the body and mind.
MIND: Rudolf Steiner suggested that Lavender stabilizes the Physical, Etheric, and Astral bodies, positively affecting psychological disorders. It appears to cleanse and soothe the spirit relieving anger and exhaustion, resulting in a calmer approach to life. Its balancing action on the Central Nervous System may be valuable in manic-depressive states. Purifies the air when used in a diffuser.
BODY Has a sedative action on the heart and helps to bring down high blood pressure and calm palpitations. Long known as giving effective relief from Insomnia. Good for rheumatic pains and muscle spasms. Beneficial to the respiratory system and deals with such problems as bronchitis, asthma, catarrh, colds, laryngitis, and throat infection. Aid in relieving the effects of tuberculosis and keeping disease down with its antiviral properties. Helpful with menstrual problems such as scanty or painful periods and leucorrhoea. It helps digestion of fats.
SKIN: Valuable for most skin conditions since it promotes the growth of new cells and exerts a balancing action on sebum. It has a pronounced healing effect on burns and sunburn and is helpful in cases of acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Also said to heal abscesses, boils, and carbuncles and minimize fungal growths, swellings, scarring, and gangrenous wounds.
HAIR: An effective hair tonic may be of service in cases of alopecia. An effective hair tonic, too, and may benefit in cases of alopecia. It helps in promoting hair growth and preventing baldness. Regular application of Lavender oil for hair ensures Lustrous, thick, and healthy-looking strands that can withstand many environmental damages.
Much of our pure Lavender Oil now comes from Yugoslavia and Bulgaria; France still produces the finest quality, but production there tumbled with the advent of the hybrid Lavender which grows at low altitudes. True lavender thrives at around 3000ft. The showy purple of Lavendin transforms the landscape of southern France in summer; however, the subtle blue of true lavender is far less striking.
Part of Plant Used: Flowering tops
Method of extraction: Steam distillation
The lavender essential oil balances and normalizes, bringing health and harmony to the body and mind.
Our Lavender Essential Oil is 100% Pure, Organic, Therapeutic & Steam Distilled; It can be used in diffusers and inhaled directly with 4-5 drops in handkerchiefs for freshness and relaxation.
Emotional- Uplifting and Soothing; alleviates anxiety, depression, and general debility; helpful for insomnia, headaches, and migraine. Used in inhalation, vaporizers, compresses, baths application, or massage.
Respiratory- Antiseptic and Anti-inflammatory; relieves colds, flu, sinusitis, and throat infections. They are used in inhalation, vaporizer baths, or application.
Skin: Balancing, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and regenerative; soothes acne eczema, dandruff, hair lice, diaper/nappy rash, sunburn, insect bites, and boils; relieves athlete’s foot and herpes simplex; effective for burns and stretch marks since it promotes cell growth and helps to minimize scarring. Used masks, compressed baths, or application.
Digestive: Cleansing and calming; helps lousy breath, mouth ulcers, indigestion, flatulence, nausea, and gastroenteritis. Used in compresses application or massage.
Circulatory: Sedative and decongestant; lowers blood pressure; reduces palpitations, alleviates fluid retention by assisting the elimination of waste products through the lymphatic system. They are used in bath applications and massage.
Muscular: Analgesic and anti-inflammatory; helpful for muscular sprains, aches, pains, and rheumatism. They are used in compresses, baths application, or massage.
Gynaecological: Calming and balancing; helps establish menstrual regularity, suitable for pre-menstrual and menopausal symptoms, and alleviates thrush. They are used in compresses, inhalation vaporizers, baths, or applications.
Personal Care Tips-
- Lavender oil can prevent and heal acne breakout. It unclogs pores and reduces inflammation when you put it on your skin. To use lavender oil for acne, dilute it in coconut oil or another carrier oil, and apply it to your skin after washing your face. You can also use lavender oil as a facial toner by mixing two drops of lavender oil with one teaspoon of witch hazel. Soak a cotton ball in the blend and gently rub it over your face. Mix one lavender oil with a drop of argan oil and put it directly onto a pimple twice a day.
- The lavender oil helps cleanse your skin and lessen redness and irritation. To use this essential oil for eczema, mix two drops with an equal amount of tea tree oil and two teaspoons of coconut oil. You can use it daily.
- Free radicals are partly responsible for fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Lavender oil contains antioxidants, which help protect you from free radicals. To use lavender oil for wrinkles, use a few drops of essential oil and coconut oil. The mixture can be used as a moisturizer once or twice a day.
- To treat the inflammation of a burn, combine one to three drops of lavender oil and one to two teaspoons of moringa or coconut oil. You can apply the mixture three times a day.
- If you have sunburn, a lavender oil spray can help. In a spray bottle, combine a quarter cup of aloe vera juice, two tablespoons of distilled water, 10 to 12 drops of lavender oil, and jojoba oil. Shake the bottle and spray onto your sunburn. Use the spray two or three times a day until the sunburn heals.
- Massage diluted lavender oil onto your scalp. You can cut the lavender essential oil with a carrier oil, such as jojoba or coconut oil. You should mix the essential oil and carrier oil in equal parts.
- Sprinkle a few drops onto a cloth or use a few drops in an aromatherapy diffuser to relieve insomnia.