AROMA & PROPERTIES: A small thorny evergreen tree, native to India though often grown in southern Europe, has a citrus fragrance that is fresh and sharp. Rich in Vitamin C. The Egyptians saw it as an antidote to meat, fish poisoning, and typhoid epidemics. Has Antiacid, Antiscorbutic, Antineuralgic, Depurative, Escharotic, Febrifuge, Haemostatic, Laxative, Stomachic, Tonic & Vermifuge properties
MIND: Refreshing and cooling when feeling hot and bothered, helping to produce clarity of thought. Said to relieve headaches and migraine, and neuralgic pains
SKIN & HAIR: Brightens pale and dull complexions by removing dead skin cells. It smooths out broken capillaries and has an effective cleansing action on greasy skin and hair. A popular remedy for removing corns, warts, and verrucas. It also has a softening effect on scar tissue and guards against brittle nails
BODY: A superb tonic to the circulatory system, liquefying the blood and aiding flow, thus easing pressure on varicose veins. Restores Vitality to red corpuscles reducing anemic conditions. At the same time, it stimulates the white corpuscles, invigorating the immune system. Its antiseptic nature relieves sore throats, coughs, colds, and influenza, particularly when accompanied by feverish conditions, as it reduces high temperatures. It has a decongestant action on the kidneys and liver and has a cleansing action on the body generally. Will soothe insect bites and stings
WEIGHT LOSS: Lemon oil helps promote the breakdown of body fat. It contains D-limonene, which is known to help support your metabolism and cleanse your lymphatic glands; this is a compound sourced from the peel of citrus fruits, and it can dissolve fats, including cholesterol, to help with weight loss
Our Lemon Essential Oil is 100% Pure, Organic, Therapeutic & Steam Distilled; It can be used in diffusers and inhaled directly with 4-5 drops in handkerchiefs for freshness and relaxation.
Emotional: Stimulating, uplifting, and refreshing; it acts to sharpen the mind and restore or increase vitality. They are used in inhalations, baths (am), or applications.
Digestive: It is a tonic, stimulant, stomachic, and carminative that helps relieve dyspepsia and gastritis.
Respiratory: Lemon is a well-known and popular remedy for colds, bronchitis, and laryngitis.
Skin: Cooling and cleansing are simple pore refining toners used on greasy skin and blockheads. It soothes itchy skin; it helps in psoriasis. It also makes for a good hair rinser for oily scalp and clears dandruff.
Circulatory: Lemon improves circulation and is helpful for all vein problems, varicose or broken capillaries.
Gynecological: Lemon also helps the symptoms of premenstrual tensions and insomnia. This is also good for stomach skin during pregnancy for the breasts and the nipples, improving circulation all around.
Personal Beauty Tips:
- Lemon essential oil is astringent and detoxifying. Its antiseptic properties help in treating and clearing skin. Lemon oil also reduces excess fat on the skin. Add a few drops of the oil to the facial cleanser to help remove dead skin cells.
- Add a few drops to your laundry cycle or the final rinse cycle to freshen up your laundry. Your washing machine will also smell clean.
- Lemon oil is terrific for disinfecting wooden cutting boards and kitchen counters. Soak kitchen cleaning cloths in a water bowl with several drops of lemon oil to disinfect.
- Very effective in removing glues and labels that are difficult to remove. Lemon oil will also remove grease and grime from hands, tools, and dishes.
- Diffuse in the room or place a few drops in your hands, rub and inhale.
- Bugs are not in favor of lemon oil. Combine lemon with peppermint, eucalyptus essential oil, and coconut oil for an effective repellant.
- Lemon oil is an effective hair tonic that helps eliminate dandruff while strengthening the hair.