Peppermint Essential Oil Natural Therapeutic Grade, Cooling and Pain Reliving, Decongestant, Stress Relief,10ml
- AROMA & PROPERTIES:This herb of many species is a native of Europe but also grows in Japan and the USA, now the leading producer of peppermint. Like many other herbs, it was known to the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans and had an intense piercing, sharp, menthol fragrance. It was a perfume component amongst the Hebrews because of its aphrodisiac properties. It also has Analgesic, Anaesthetic, Antiphlogistic, Astringent, Decongestant, Febrifuge, Hepatic, Nervine, and Stomachic properties.
- MIND: Its cooling nature relieves states of anger, hysteria, and nervous trembling. Excellent for mental fatigue and depression.
- SKIN: Removes toxic congestion, could help cases of dermatitis, ringworm, scabies, and pruritus. Capillary constriction is cooling in action and can relieve itching, inflammation, and sunburn. Also, softening skin helps to remove blackheads and is effective on greasy skin and hair.
- HAIR: This oil can help promote hair growth during the anagen phase and increases the number of follicles, depth, and overall hair growth. Peppermint menthol also imparts a freshened smell and tingly sensation on the skin and scalp.
- BODY: Has dual-action cooling when hot & warm when cold, and it is a good remedy for colds by halting mucus and fever & encouraging perspiration. Useful in respiratory disorders generally as well as dry coughs and sinus congestion. Its action on the digestive system is paramount, particularly in acute conditions. Beneficial against food poisoning & deals with vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence halitosis, colic gall stones, nausea & travel sickness.
Part of Plant Used: Leaves
Method Of Extraction: Steam Distillation
The essential oil of peppermint promotes overall physical and emotional wellbeing, although its healing properties are primarily associated with the digestive system. It is a good antibacterial and antiviral. It has a light, clean, refreshing aroma and is a good insect repellant.
Our Peppermint Essential Oil is 100% Pure, Organic, Therapeutic & Steam Distilled; It can be used in diffusers and inhaled directly with 4-5 drops in handkerchiefs for freshness and relaxation.
Emotional: Stimulating and strengthening; uplifts the system and is especially useful in the treatment of shock; helpful for neuralgia and relief of general debility, headaches, and migraines. They are used in inhalation, baths, or application.
Respiratory: Antiseptic and antispasmodic; effective in reducing mucus and relieving coughs, sinusitis, throat infection, colds, flu, asthma, and bronchitis. They are used in inhalations, baths, or applications.
Skin: Cooling and cleansing soothes itchy skin; relieves inflammation.
Digestive: Soothing and antispasmodic; relieves acidity, heartburn, diarrhea, indigestion, and flatulence; also highly effective for travel sickness and nausea; helps to combat bad breath. They are used in gargles or applications.
Circulatory: Having a cooling effect, the oil is also helpful for varicose veins and hemorrhoids. They are used in compresses or applications.
Gynecological: Cooling and decongestant; encourage menstrual regularity; relieves hot flushes. They are used in baths, applications, or massage.
Personal Care Tips-
- One could add 1-2 drops of the essential oil to salt (preferably rock salt) and a teaspoon of suitable carrier oil like olive oil to formulate an effective scrub which could be used twice a week. (Avoid the area around the eye while scrubbing).
- Add two drops of the peppermint essential oil to one teaspoon of warm coconut oil or Aloe Vera gel. You can even include a reduction of tree oil if available. This mixture would collectively work against the itching sensation and provide immediate relief. Even the itching caused by nasty insect bites could be reduced with this oil.
- Take 1-2 drops of peppermint oil, one teaspoon of carrier oil, preferably olive oil, and one teaspoon of Vitamin E in a bowl. Apply this mixture to the acne and rinse it off after a while. This would not only eradicate the bacteria that are causing acne but also diminish blemishes.
- Add 15 drops of peppermint oil to a glass bottle measuring two ounces. Next, fill this bottle with Aloe-Vera gel and shake vigorously. Apply this mixture over the skin to soothe the inflammation and promote healing.